So, today I start a new adventure.
Previously, I decided I didn't want to start a blog until I got married. What
would I have to write about? Well, I had better not wait for marriage or I may
never start a blog :). So I decided I don't have tons to say, but I have enough
experiences and "little moments of joy" that I want to remember and
share with anyone wanting to listen. So even if this isn't interesting to
anyone else, I want this for me. I had a few recent experiences that I wanted
to record and thought this just may be the perfect time to join the blogging
world. Life's too short to not remember all the good that surrounds us.
Although I can't promise to always stay positive, hopefully I can look back on
all of my experiences and see that the good outweighs the bad. So, here it
goes! An adventure of my own. The start of something new.
I'll begin with a little about myself.
I am 22 years old. I love basketball, otter pops, movies, laughing, the color
purple, and meeting new people. I grew up in Boise and I am the youngest of 7
kids. And no, I'm not spoiled no matter how much my siblings say I am :). I
love family gatherings probably more than anything. I have 15 nieces and
nephews with one on the way! They are so much fun! Being an aunt is the best. You don't have to discipline and the second they start whining you can pass 'em off to their parents. I played basketball growing
up and sang in choir, jazz choir, was on student council, and I have been
teaching swimming lessons in my parents backyard since I was 14 with my sister,
Kara. This was the first summer I didn't teach and I missed it so much! I am
always up to try something new, unless it involves food (I am super picky). After
high school, I went to Brigham Young University-Idaho for two years and studied
horticulture. The plan was to be a landscape designer. But I took a semester
off to teach swimming lessons and didn’t defer school on time and somehow ended
up deciding to be a hairdresser. I graduated from cosmetology school in March
and I am now living in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I have lived here for about 7 months.
I came here in April to be an assistant to my boss here in a salon called
Frost. I came to learn tips and tricks and get a better understanding of the
hair industry. It has been a great learning experience with lots of ups and
downs. If I weren't so dang sensitive I wouldn't have had so many hard times,
but I think I've toughened up all in all and I'm grateful for the opportunity I
have had to work under my boss. It's hard to have no family here and meet so
many great people just to have most of them move away. But I am grateful for
those that look out for me here in Jackson and I have met some of the greatest
people here this summer. They have been the best examples to me of what a true
follower of Christ is. This is one of the most beautiful places on earth and I have done some amazing things while I have lived
here. I am always up for an adventure and doing something exciting! I've
realized I can't say no to an invite so I find myself often exhausted and
putting off things on my to do list. So now it's time for a breather as
universities have started back up and most of my good friends have headed off
for the fall to have their own adventures. And thus the new blog adventure for
me!
No comments:
Post a Comment